To Create a World-class Gujarat by optimal utilization of knowledge, skills and connections of NRG
- Connect to Global and Indian NRGs and bring them closer to their roots
- Enhance belongingness to their Motherland
- Conceive & implement effective schemes and conduct various programs to achieve the above goals
About NRG :
NRG Centre, Anand at Sardar Patel Education Trust (SPET) was established in the year 2010. The centre was declared open in the presence of the then Director, GSNRGF, Gandhinagar.
The delegation of NRGs lead by Shri Bhikhubhai N. Patel, Managing Trustee and Secretary of the trust participated in the opening ceremony of Swarnim Gujarat celebrations at Ahmedabad.
- The felicitation of Shri R N Joshi, Collector, Anand under whose tenure the NRG Centre, Anand started functioning was organized on his retirement, in January 2011
- The lecture of Dr. Dinesh Patel, Chief of Arthroscopic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School was organized on 01/03/2011.
- Awareness programme on effects of Diabetes and Blood Pressure on Kidney was organized through India Renal Foundation on 23/04/2011. Dr. Himanshu Patel, Nephrologist, Gujarat Kidney Foundation; Ahmedabad, Dr. Kamlesh Parikh – Nephrologist and Dr. Yogesh Bhargav, Nephrologist, both from Vadodara addressed the gathering and provided valuable information for prevention.
- 30th April 2011, NRG Centre lead the delegation of around 250 NRGs and NRIs of Anand District and participated in concluding ceremony of Swarnim Gujarat Year Celebrations, Non-Resident Gujaratis (NRGs) MAHA SAMMELAN at Gandhinagar
- 7,8 and 9 January 2012, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre participated in Pravashi Bharatiya Diwas celebrations at Jaipur
- 31 January 2012, NRG Centre, Anand coordinated with the NRGs as well as local youth and participated in SADBHAVANA Mission Program of Hon’ble Chief Minister held at Anand. The Staff Members (350) and Students (4500) from various colleges managed by Sardar Patel Education Trust participated.
- February 2012, NRG Centre, Anand participated in “Gujarati Diaspora” celebration at Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- January 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre actively participated in Pravashi Bharatiya Diwas celebrations at Kochi.
- 17 February 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman and members of the centre with NRGs participated in “NRG Sammelan & Gujarati Diaspora” at Vadodara organized by the VCCI, NRG Centre, Vadodara.
- 22 February 2013, the centre organized one day seminar on “Gujarat Card & NRI Marriages” at Anand successfully. The Member Secretary and Director Mr. B. B. Dwivedi, Mr. N. P. Lavingiya Joint Secretary, NRI Dept. GOG, and Mr. D. B. Chaudhari of NRGF were present.
- Mr. B. B. Dwivedi described activities of the NRG Foundation and importance of Gujarat Card.
- Speakers Dr. Aamrapali Merchant, Ex-Vice Chancellor, Dr. Baba Saheb Aambedkar Open University, AhmedabadProf. Dr. K. Permeshwaran, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhimagar; Mrs. Aashaben Dalal, Social activist and Chairman of Jagrut Mahila Sangathan, Anand; and Mr. Ramesh Rawal, Advocate – Notary(USA) and Registered Emigration Consultant addressed the gathering on Problems and Issues related with NRI Marriages, laws related to marriages, emigration and cases reported. Feedback received – Seminar on NRI Marriages is a need of the hour. Awareness programs like this will help community at large and shall contribute reducing marriage problems.
- 16 March 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre participated in seminar on Medical Tourism organized by NRG Centre, GCCI, Ahmedabad at SPIPA, Ahmedabad.
- 23 March 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre participated in SADAKAL GUJARAT organized by the NRG Centre, Rajkot.
- 30 March 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre participated in NRG MEET at Surat organized by the SGCCI, NRG Centre, Surat.
- 31 March 2013, Mr. Rajesh B. Patel, Vice Chairman of the centre participated in NRG MEET at Navasari organized by the SGCCI, NRG Centre, Surat.
- 31 March 2013, a seminar on “VIDESH MA LAGNA NA LEKHA JOKHA” was organized by the centre at Nadiad successfully in the presence of the Member Secretary and Director Mr. B. B. Dwivedi; Mr. N. P. Lavingiya, Joint Secretary, NRI Dept. GOG and Mr. Chaudhari, General Manager, NRG Foundation. Speakers Mr. Jashvant Rawal, Editor, NAYA PADKAR daily news paper, Anand; Mrs. Aashaben Dalal, President, Jagrut Maihila Sangathan, Anand and Mr. Ramesh Rawal, Advocate-Notary(USA) and Emigration Consultant, addressed the gathering and provided information on various issues and situations arises amongst spouse and their family members. The seminar was well received by the people of Nadiad. It was felt that such social awareness programs should be organized time and again
- NRG Centre, Anand was fortunate to hold all NRG Centre’s meeting at Anand on 26/04/2013 in the presence of the Member Secretary and Director Mr. B. B. Dwivedi; Mr. N. P. Lavingiya, Joint Secretary, NRI Dept. GOG, Mr. Chaudhari, General Manager, NRG Foundation. Mr. Nilesh Shukla, Chairman, NRG Centre, Vadodara along with Mr. Himanshu Patel & Mr. Jalendu Pathak; Mr. Ramesh Vaghasia, Chairman, NRG Centre, Surat and representative of NRG Centre, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Mehsana were present.
- 31st August,2013,NRI Marriage Seminar, Chief Guest Mr. Jashvantsinh Solanki, President – District Panchayat Anand,Key-note Speaker – Mrs. Bhavnaben Joshipura,Prominent Women Activist & Senior Advocate.